A person carrying on business as a money lender in Hong Kong must obtain a money lender's licence. The licensing of money lenders and regulation of money-lending transactions are governed by the Money Lenders Ordinance, Chapter 163 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
• Licensing Court
Responsible for determination of applications for and granting of money lenders licences.
• Registrar of Money Lenders (the role is presently performed by the Registrar of
Responsible for processing applications for money lenders licences, renewal of licences and endorsement on licences; as well as maintaining a register of money lenders for inspection by members of the public.
• Commissioner of Police
Responsible for enforcing the Money Lenders Ordinance, including carrying out examinations on applications for money lenders licences, renewal of licences and endorsements on licences; and investigations of complaints against money lenders.
In the process of applying for a loan lender's licence in Hong Kong, it is subject to strict examination by the licensing division of the police force. Tannet group provides one-stop loan lender's licence application services in Hong Kong. The group itself has successfully obtained a loan lender's licence. With rich preparation experience, Tannet can greatly improve the client's chances of passing the review.
• Documentary proof to support the applicant's capability in managing the money lending business
• Documentary proof to show the financial situation of the applicant
• Tenancy agreement
• General permission from the landlord
• "Permit to occupy a new building" issued by the Buildings Department
• Land Register obtained from Land Registry by conducting land search
• Floor plan inside the premises
• Annual return if the applicant is a company
If you have further enquire, please feel free to contact Tannet at anytime, anywhere by simply visiting Tannet’s website www.tannet-group.net, or calling Hong Kong hotline at 852-27826888 or China hotline at 86-755-82143422, or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Previous：China WOFE Dissolution Guideline
Next：Hong Kong Company Overseas Earnings/Profits application