Home > Business Followup > Work Permit & Entry Visa

Work Permit & Entry Visa

Updated:2018-1-23 18:20:38    Source:www.tannet-group.comViews:665

Work permit & Entry Visa is important for anyone who wants to work or live in China. China attracts countless visitors from around the world. With a variety of ecosystems, geographic regions, and cultural practices, it is a fascinating location for any traveler. China's government is considerably stricter than many other countries in the same region, and visitors are required to obtain a visa before entering the country for work or business reasons.

Applicants for a visa to China are required to first fill out a visa application. The application must be filled out completely, signed and dated. Failure to do so can result in rejection. Be sure to designate the length of the visa you need and how many entries you want. Visas to China can be for 3, 6 or 12 months. They can also be for single, double or multiple entries. Applicants are required to include a passport sized photo, a copy of a round trip plane ticket and proof of lodging within China.

Process of China Visa Application
1. Book your return flight to China and China accommodations before applying for your passport. You will need a computer generated itinerary or copy of an airline ticket as proof of your flight. To verify your accommodations, you will need a hotel reservation that shows your name, the name of the hotel, and dates that match the dates on your application.

2. Be sure you have at least one blank page in your passport as well as at least 6 months validity remaining. The visa will take up a whole page, so if you do not currently have a blank page available, you will need to have pages added.

3. You will need to attach one passport style photo to each application.

4. All non-Chinese citizens require a visa for entry, exit, or transit, but not every traveler requires the same visa. There are eight categories of obtainable visas: C, D, F, G, J-1, J-2, L, X, and Z.

"L Visa" -a tourist visa, is the most common and is needed to visit China for tourist purposes, to visit family, or other personal matters.
"F Visa" - a business visa,
"Z Visa" - a work visa,
"X Visa" - a student visa,
"C Visa" - for international aviation or land transportation crew members,
"G Visa" - for transit through China,
"D Visa" - to reside permanently in China,
"J-1 Visa" - for foreign resident correspondents,
"J-2 Visa" - for foreign resident correspondents on interview missions.

In addition to type, you should know which validity you desire. A single entry visa is valid for 3 months, where as a double entry visa is valid for 6 months. The duration of stay is specified on the visa and staying beyond this time limit without extending your visa can result on harsh penalties.

5. After completing the above steps, you should be ready to complete the visa application. The application form can be found at the website for your local Chinese Consulate or Embassy. Complete the application and prepare the application fee. The fee varies so check with your local embassy or consulate. Only money orders or cash are accepted. Money orders should be made payable to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate, appropriately.

6. Once you have completed the above steps, take the application (including bookings, photo, and application fee) to your nearest Chinese Embassy. Standard processing time in 4 working days, but for an extra fee, 1 working day and 2-3 working days processing is available upon request.

Contact Us
If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to contact Tannet anytime, anywhere by simply visiting Tannet’s website, or calling Hong Kong hotline at 852-27826888 or China hotline at 86-755-82143512, or emailing to  You are also welcome to visit our office situated in 16/F, Taiyangdao Bldg 2020, Dongmen Rd South, Luohu, Shenzhen, China.

Previous:Offshore Banking Service     Next:Offshore Account Overview