Home > Business Followup > China Working Visa Application

China Working Visa Application

Updated:2018-9-30 16:30:19    Source:www.tannet-group.comViews:1753

China working visa application is one of Tannet's followup services. With China's reform and opening up, more and more foreigners come to China to work, live or set up businesses. According to Chinese law, foreigners must apply for China work visas for a legally employment in China. A working visa or work permit is generally a legal authorization from a country's government which allows a non-citizen to take a job within that country. 

China work visa is intended for expats who have been granted a Chinese government-issued work permit. The work permit should be arranged by the applicant’s potential employer in China and the organization must be licensed to employ foreign nationals, as well as the applicant being qualified in the respective occupation. 

Duration of Stay of China Work Visa (Z Visa)
This Z visa itself only allows a stay duration of 30 days from the date of arrival in China, during which time you and your employer must seek a Temporary Residence Permit for the duration of your contract, to a minimum of 90 days and a maximum of 5 years. Note that usually the work visa is a single entry, with the duration of stay being 000, which means the duration is to be determined by the Temporary Residence Permit you get after entering China.

Age Limit for Z Visa application
The age limit is 18 - 60 for all applicants. However, there is some flexibility in these requirements, so if you are not in this age range and can find a willing employer, they may still be able to obtain approval for you.

Document Checklist for China Working Visa Application
Visa Application Form and Photo;
Proof of legal stay or residence status;
Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas;
Employment certification;
Academic degree certification;
Health certification;
Work qualification;
Non-criminal certificate;
Company Business License;
Company Seal;
Other required documents (if applicable).

When holding a work visa in China, you can:
1. Stay in China without a time limitation and entry-exit China without a times limitation during the valid period of the Residence Permit.
2. Enjoy the policies of purchasing houses and cars as same as Chinese.
3. Living accompanied with your family in China and your kids would be given the same resources as Chinese.

Contact Us
If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to contact Tannet anytime, anywhere by simply visiting Tannet’s website, or calling Hong Kong hotline at 852-27826888 or China hotline at 86-755-82143512, or emailing to You are also welcome to visit our office situated in 16/F, Taiyangdao Bldg 2020, Dongmen Rd South, Luohu, Shenzhen, China.

Previous:Belize Finance License Application     Next:Hong Kong Accounting Service