Hong Kong shelf company refers to the company or corporation that has had no activity. It was created and left with no activity - metaphorically put on the "shelf" to "age". The company can then be sold to a person or group of persons who wish to start a company without going through all the procedures of creating a new one.
Shelf companies are previously registered companies that are usually put to rest until they are sold. In Hong Kong, shelf companies are also known as the shell or aged companies. The main reason foreign investors are inclined to purchase a shelf company in Hong Kong is the credibility it offers.
Hong Kong Shelf Company Features
1. It has not appointed a director:
2. It has certificate of incorporation, seal of company, stock certificate book and other documents required by law;
3. It has not applied for business registration certificate, without business activities;
4. The purchaser can make purchase only by supplying necessary documents.
Advantages of Shelf Company in Hong Kong
1. The greatest benefits of purchasing a shelf company in Hong Kong is the credibility an already incorporated company offers to its new owner in regards to business partners and customers.
2. According to the Companies Law in Hong Kong, in order to obtain a bank loan, companies may be required to prove they were incorporated a while back and bring proof of their corporate history. For example, if a foreign investor wants to obtain a loan for purchasing computers for the company, a proof that the company was registered six or more months before must be provided.
3. Shelf companies are also used for marketing strategies, as foreign businessmen establishing companies in Hong Kong can incorporate the background and history of their enterprise in a ready-made company thus obtaining a better image than creating the same image with a new company.
Shelf Company Registration in Hong Kong
Shelf companies in Hong Kong are very easy to register. Once the transfer of shares takes place between the old and the new owner and the sale-purchase contract has been signed, the registration procedure for the bought shelf company can be initiated.
Certificate of Hong Kong Shelf Company Incorporation
1. Business registration certificate;
2. 20copies of the company’s articles of association;
3. The company’s steel seal;
4. The company’s pre-inked chop;
5. Stock certificate book;
6. Copies of documents filed with government, for example, the notice of appointment of the first;
7. Director, notice of acceptance of director and notice of registered address, etc.
If you have further inquires, please do not hesitate to contact Tannet at anytime, anywhere by simply visiting Tannet’s website www.tannet-group.net, or calling Hong Kong hotline at 852-27826888 or China hotline at 86-755-82143422, or emailing to email@example.com. You are also welcome to visit our office situated in 16/F, Taiyangdao Bldg 2020,Dongmen Rd South, Luohu, Shenzhen, China.
Previous：Is already the first one！
Next：Statistics of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area